RSS

THE LOOK

25 Jun

rain 2

It was a mid-summer afternoon and my wife and I were trying to decide where to eat dinner.  After the normal back and forth of ideas we finally decided on a nearby steakhouse.  We arrived at twilight around seven pm as the sun was going down and noticed the dark clouds moving towards the restaurant.

We sat down and …..

For more get the eBook:

Shape Your Character in 47 Days cover 4   https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/433783

About these ads

Tags: , , , ,

25 responses to “THE LOOK

1. emmaleigh311

June 26, 2013 at 12:11 am

Reblogged this on Bumble Bees and commented:
    This story made me laugh! I love the egos of some men lol.

2. livefulfilled

June 26, 2013 at 12:38 am

Nice post! Thanks for sharing this story!

3. Joe Shuford

June 26, 2013 at 1:54 am

Good advice. I find myself constantly working to hard to avoid receiving “the look”.

• cranstonholden

June 26, 2013 at 9:26 am

I decided to just go with it. When someone gives me the look now, I give it right back and say, “Apparently I have said something stupid.”

4. Rajiv

June 26, 2013 at 3:12 am

The Look has killed so many of us. I like this, because you have conveyed a very important point, through a wonderfully humourous story

5. Carol Anderson

June 26, 2013 at 6:38 am

Great story – love your writing!

6. johndwm

June 26, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Enjoyed the way you laugh at yourself and you obviously have a very strong relationship!!! Of course you have hit the nail on the head with relation to ‘The Look’ I hadn’t really thought this horror through before… had internalised it as ‘my problem’ ..so in that sense your post is very liberating – and although its a bit different to the sorts of things I usually post …its going up onto http://johndwmacdonald.com !

• cranstonholden

June 26, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Wow let it tell you, I consider it an honor.

7. johndwm

June 27, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Thanks its great developing the learning and sharing communities Blessings! John

8. kylabee

June 30, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Love this. I have a look that I give my husband and typically it ends in laughter as well.

Thanks got following my blog. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

9. Delight in Truth

July 1, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Reminds me of the time we explained to a patient an extremely high risk surgery, and after we asked her if she had any questions, she asked “is that needle, like, going to hurt when you, like, put it in my back…?” :)

10. Hope

July 4, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Tee…Hee! I know that look well! Great article…I’m still smiling!

11. Russel Ray Photos

July 6, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Thanks for letting me camp out in your blog for a little while today. I had a great time and tried to leave my campsite as good as when I arrived. I’ll be back!

12. cranstonholden

September 26, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Reblogged this on todaysmanager.

13. helenthis51

September 26, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Excellent post and well written. HT

14. aisadelacruz

September 27, 2013 at 2:49 am

Haha! The story is just what I needed today. Thank you!!!

15. witzshared

September 27, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Always feel like I’m sitting around a camp fire listening to stories that come to life, full of great delight.

16. Planting Potatoes

October 6, 2013 at 4:04 pm

enjoyed the story….I realize now how many good opportunities I’ve passed up to learn over the years for fear of being thought of as silly or too afraid to face the opinions of others.