RSS

Crank Up Your Confidence

11 Jul

wood

A man went to a local hardware store looking for a new chainsaw.  He began browsing the chainsaw section and one of the reps of the store came over.  He showed him a few of the lower end models.  The man said he was looking for a little more.  The rep told the man he had the top of the line chainsaw and presented it to him.

For more get the eBook:

Shape Your Character in 47 Days cover 4   https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/433783

About these ads

Tags: , , , , ,

13 responses to “Crank Up Your Confidence

1. kalabalu

July 11, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Moral of the story..always give full instructions to the buyer, with demonstration. Secondly,always know what you buy :)) .
    You maybe average and without edge but hard work with eagerness to acquire knowledge , will make you successful in life and work.

• cranstonholden

July 12, 2013 at 4:54 pm

True. Sometimes we assume the other person has the same technical knowledge we have. Just because we work with something everyday, doesn’t mean they do. Have a good day.

2. Tina Del Buono, PMAC

July 11, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Great story Cranston. We need to know how our tools work in order to get the most out of them :)

• cranstonholden

July 12, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Yep. If not it would be like chopping a tree down with a hammer.

3. Kerwyn Hodge

July 11, 2013 at 11:49 pm

I hope I’ve got my chainsaw roaring as I wade through the woodpiles of life! Thanks for that analogy, Cranston!

• cranstonholden

July 12, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Good to hear it Mr. Hodge. I hope you have a roaring good weekend. ; )

4. Robby Comstock

July 12, 2013 at 12:05 am

For me it is the drive to learn something every day. This makes me confident. With today’s technology and resources anything is possible.

5. Prodigal Daughter

July 12, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Hi Cranston, thank you for this. It reminds me of how we in frustration keep asking the whys on how we fail, but forgetting that we have the tools we need to succeed and navigate life. I think my comment is encrypted and doesn’t make sense but my devotion this morning was similar to the story and reading your post is a confirmation. God bless you.

• cranstonholden

July 12, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Amazing how things are created to tie together like that isn’t it?

• Prodigal Daughter

July 12, 2013 at 5:34 pm

It is. and it to me is just another proof that God is alive and uses people (we don’t even know) to convey his message/s or confirm something. It is always a thrill when things like this happen.

6. livelytwist

July 15, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I enjoyed the story you used to illustrate your point. It vividly reminds me to crank up my confidence. I agree, confidence is a good thing. It is attractive as long as it doesn’t tip over to arrogance. The source of confidence is also important… if your source isn’t solid, you can swing like a yoyo from day to day.

7. robertadennis2013

November 5, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Our Lord and Savior gives me confidence. Otherwise, life is very disappointing. Thank you for the reminder! And thank you for your support.